21st Birthday - A Lelong Treat =)

0 comments



I'm writing this post in conjunction of Lelong's E-Commerce Fair 2011 Contest "Submit and Win".
But that's not the only reason I'm writing this.
I'm writing this because this birthday celebration has been one of the best of all =)




Let me tell you my story (and Sufang's story as well):

(MIKE):
I was excited to meet Sufang this weekend in KL. I had finished packing the night before and after my final class on Friday, my brother drove me directly to Ipoh bus station to catch a bus to KL. I stood there impatiently waiting for my bus to arrive. It was behind schedule by 30 minutes, which is quite a common trend in Malaysia, delaying literally everything.

After waiting for almost an hour, my bus finally came into sight and I hopped on. After settling down into my seat, I leaned back and closed my eyes to relax.


(SUFANG):
I was lost of ideas of what to get for Mike for his birthday, until I was scrolling down the pages of Superbid. The Guess watch caught my attention immediately. I knew at that instant, that the watch would be the perfect gift for Mike. That's cause he always wanted a watch and Guess is one of his (and my) favorite brands.

Having bought quite a lot of stuff from Superbid, I was quite impressed with their customer service and efficiency in delivering their products on time. When Wednesday come and the bidding starts, I pounced on the watch, outbidding everyone. It was challenging yet fun, trying to compete with other buyers to buy the watch. But I knew I would not be outbid-ed by others and finally, I emerged the winner.


Only one day after payment, I received the watch from Superbid (That's how efficient they are). I wrapped it with some gift papers and kept it safely inside my backpack.

And then, I began counting the days left to Friday, when we meet =)


(MIKE):
After I reached KL, I loitered around the station for a while, since Sufang hadn't reached yet. A little more than an hour later, she reached as well, and we went to our friend's place, where we will spend the night.

When we reached our friend's place, It was already night. Therefore, being as tired as can be, we took to the bed, and getting ready for the big day tomorrow.

I still don't have a clue of what she will give me for my birthday, she seemed so excited and secretive, so I guess it had to be something big.

But i NEVER expected what she had planned for me.


(SUFANG):
The next morning (the big day for Mike), we woke up and got ready. Then, the four of us, Mike, another two friends, and I set out to our special destination. We went to TAO, a Japanese buffet restaurant. I knew he would love it because he loved Japanese food. Seeing the surprised+happy look on his face is enough to make my day =)


Then, we had our brunch. It was definitely one of the best restaurant we've been to =)


(MIKE):
The food at TAO restaurant is delicious. We tried all the different types of food and by the time we left, I was so full I almost exploded!

Here are some pictures of some of the food we ordered.




We went back to our friend's condo after that.
And I took a long bath.
After my bath, Sufang went to bath.

I laid on the bed and listen to songs on my iPad,
and without realizing it, I dozed off.

After I woke up, which is about an hour later, I see no signs of Sufang in the room,
so I went out to the living room.


(SUFANG):
When he opened the door, I had just finished preparing everything.

"Surprise, my dear!!" I said happily, holding the Baskin-Robin cake my friend help me buy earlier.


I can see he was overjoyed because of all the surprises for the day. I felt happy too, because I was able to make him happy on his birthday. We shared a kiss and ate the cake. And now it's time for the most important part, the PRESENT =D



(MIKE):
I opened the first present. Inside it was a photo frame made by Sufang herself. I was beautiful and I loved it. Then, I opened the second present. I can't believe it. It was a Guess watch!!!


I had always wanted a watch but never wanna spend so much money for one! And Sufang actually bought me one. I was sooo happy that I gave her a big kiss on the cheek and tried it out. It fitted perfectly.


Well, 3 months passed since my birthday. And the watch? I've been wearing it ever since =)

This is our story and our best experience at shopping online, because it had made our day, and we have lelong and superbid to thank for that.

0 comments:

2010 @ My Life My Story | by sendomike|